Discussion topic: Internet connection keeps dropping

This message was authored by Simon-Champion This message was authored by: Simon-Champion

Internet connection keeps dropping

We keep losing connection to the internet, wired and wifi. Everything works fine with good speeds, then connection drops. The internet light flashes orange and the voice light is a solid orange. Then around 5 minutes later, the box resets and everything comes back on normally 

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: Internet connection keeps dropping

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Simon-Champion 

The external line did drop just under 3minutdas prior to posting the stats.  Regardless of the speeds if the line drops more than 10 times a day it would be considered a fault.  The quickest way to address the issue would be to call sky on 150 from a sky landline or

Follow the link and choose need more help

https://www.sky.com/help/home/

If in the Republic of Ireland go to the bottom of the page and change the flag to Republic of Ireland

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Simon-Champion 

Could you post your hub stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Simon-Champion
Topic Author
This message was authored by Simon-Champion This message was authored by: Simon-Champion

Router Statistics

System Up Time: 19:38:02

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN MER 13924 12766 0 5372 3952 00:02:56 LAN Up 7029704 3568157 9 8718 26210 19:38:02 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 2561300 2377879 0 12513 2407 19:36:11 WLAN (5 GHz) Up .1988199 0 0 22732 19:36:10

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 133836 kbps 29388 kbps Line Attenuation D1(45.7 dB) , D2(0.0 dB) , D3(0.0 dB) U0(0.0 dB) , U1(0.0 dB) , U2(0.0 dB) Noise Margin 3.1 dB 5.8 dB

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@Simon-Champion 

The external line did drop just under 3minutdas prior to posting the stats.  Regardless of the speeds if the line drops more than 10 times a day it would be considered a fault.  The quickest way to address the issue would be to call sky on 150 from a sky landline or

Follow the link and choose need more help

https://www.sky.com/help/home/

If in the Republic of Ireland go to the bottom of the page and change the flag to Republic of Ireland

Simon-Champion
Topic Author

Yeah, it's been happening several times over the last few days. I'll give Sky a call. Thanks 

This message was authored by dmwelch54 This message was authored by: dmwelch54

All the lights green, connection upstream dropped.  WiFi and wired drop same time.  Lasts upward to 5+ mins mostly less.  Router,  wires, Fibre, all replaced.  This has been happening since FTTC.  Exchange is Holme Hale, a mile and a half from me.  Sky has been NO HELP being bent on problem in my house!  Several new hubs, wire all replaced from cabinet.  NO HELP from Sky.

This message was authored by dmwelch54 This message was authored by: dmwelch54

Is there a Sky syslog server to send hub logs?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion