Discussion topic: Line rental nightmare

This message was authored by Stevello This message was authored by: Stevello

Line rental nightmare

Nightmare situation with Sky.

I've had line rental with BT and broadband with Sky for many years. Back in June I asked Sky if I could switch line rental to them they agreed I could.

However II still kept receiving line rental charges from BT.

I contacted Sky again and they advised I start a new contract with them to include line rental.

I was told I needed a new router and charged £10.

Some months later anothe line rental charge came in from BT 

Contacting Sky again I was told I definitely had everything set up with them, and I should cancel BT myself. I cancelled my BT contract and lost my internet connection almost immediately.

Back InTouch with Sky again I was told the only way I could get back on line was to start another contract with them and a connection date of 24th Dec was given. Nothing happened. I am now told my line is incompatible with the package I'm on and will need to wait even longer for the line to clear, not sure what that means 

So I've had no internet for over 3 weeks and I'm now getting asked to return my equipment and being told I have to pay an early contract termination fee.

I'm getting tired of explaining this situation to a different advisor every time I call .

HELP!!!

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Line rental nightmare

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stevello in a very few areas Sky cannot offer their full service as they lack a direct connection at the local exchange (called LLU) this is very rare since fibre services started being rolled out but a few customers are affected including you by the sound of it. Openreach are switching from the old. Copper phone network with many small exchanges to an all fibre network where there are far fewer exchanges. 

I would suggest after the holiday you raise a formal complaint as this looks llke it needs sorting by one of Sky's order recovery team. This link explains how to do that How to make a Sky complaint | Sky Help | Sky.com

Given the teams you want are based in Scotland I would leave doing this until they are back at work after the holiday.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion