Discussion topic: My internet is slow

This message was authored by Abstractions This message was authored by: Abstractions

My internet is slow

Hi

My internet is still running slow but its odd because if i use any, of my apps to watch tv its working fine the apps for other things were you load pictures and text is really slow and, the blue light to show you its loading safari takes a while. I went to a friend's house who has no internet, and my internet at home was running at the same speed for this, the wi-fi signal looks ok when I went to another friend's house, I was able to connect to there internets, connection and used safari on my iPhone, can anybody help me with this issue thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: My internet is slow

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Abstractions 

A fresh set of stats is always useful as it tells us more than just speed.

I also note that on your previous thread you said you used ethernet and that seemed to improve the speed of apps?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Hi @Abstractions 

Please post your router stats

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Abstractions
Topic Author
This message was authored by Abstractions This message was authored by: Abstractions

Hi

I posted you my router stats before for this issue and they were, running at a good speed 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

@Abstractions 

A fresh set of stats is always useful as it tells us more than just speed.

I also note that on your previous thread you said you used ethernet and that seemed to improve the speed of apps?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Abstractions
Topic Author

IMG_1351.png

Hi there 

Here are my router stats's the apps on the tv have improved but aren't working, as good as the one's on my iPhone and iPad. Apps were I used my email address take a long, time to load on my iPad the news apps take a longer time to load and aren't working properly on, my iPads. thanks 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Abstractions 

Do you live in a crowded WiFi area? How many WiFi networks can you pickup when you scan for them while in your home?
I can only suspect thats the issue as nothing else suggests you have a problem.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Abstractions
Topic Author

Hi James

I can scan for a network but it, just goes back to the one that's, there to begin with sometimes the networks just says it's scanning, for others and is showing nothing

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Abstractions you wont be able to join other networks but if there is one on thecsame or adjacent channel as your Sky hub the two signals can interfere. If you have an Android phone downlosd the app Wifi Analyzer which shows you this graphically. The hub will try to find tge least crowded channel when it reboots but things can changecand the best channel near tge hub msy not be thecsame where your device is. Wifininterference is incredibly common especially in blocks of flats.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Abstractions
Topic Author

Ok thanks 

Abstractions
Topic Author

Hi chrissie

I have plugs on the wall and there's a wps/rst button on them, in another room from the router and I'm trying to use, the router and, the wps buttons to connect to the internet, do you think this, will help me to get a better signal, on safari when I'm using the iPhone or iPad. Thanks 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion