Discussion topic: WiFi problems

This message was authored by Toff1 This message was authored by: Toff1

WiFi problems

Hi, my WiFi keeps dropping in and out and affecting my working from home and also my ring door bell. The WiFi is really weak and I thought I was on the highest broadband speed. Compared to virgin which I had for years it's not very good at all. My emails don't download either I have to switch my mobile to mobile data just to get them to download. Is there anything you can do? If not then I'll go back to virgin where it's fast and reliable. 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: WiFi problems

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Toff1 

Sky loans wireless booster hardware free under the terms of the 'WiFi Guarantee' element of 'Broadband Boost' and the 'Enhanced Wall to Wall WiFi Guarantee' part of the 'WiFi Max' subscription supplement: they don't otherwise provide or sell them except to resolve issues with Sky Q. Inevitably some have leaked onto a certain auction site, but Sky won't offer support with using these. 

Confusingly the 'Wall to Wall WiFi Guarantee' doesn't actually provide booster hardware, and is essentially a sales lead generator for the supplements mentioned above.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Toff1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Toff1 This message was authored by: Toff1

Re: WiFi problems

Thank you 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion