Discussion topic: How can I get racing to on sky glass

This message was authored by Hookie1 This message was authored by: Hookie1

How can I get racing to on sky glass

I was under impression I had all channel options when I bought sky glass I can't get racing tv

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: How can I get racing to on sky glass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Racing tv isn't currently available on Sky Glass.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-channel-list-sky-glass

Hookie1
Topic Author

Thought I was getting a upgrade going to sky glass very disappointed but tied in now. Hope they add the app soon 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Hookie1 wrote:

Hope they add the app soon 

Racing TV would have to choose to enter a commercial relationship with Sky for hosting and support, and Sky would want to have them there.

If you are within the first month after activation you can choose to reject the product and return the hardware.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Your large screen options...

https://www.racingtv.com/largescreenapp

Exiled in HH
Hookie1
Topic Author

If you subscribe to Apple TV could you then get it as Apple TV support it?

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

No it is a app on an Apple TV streaming device NOT the app!

What's available on Sky streaming devices is the Apple TV+ app not the Apple TV app anyway😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Carloss This message was authored by: Carloss

It is a disgrace not having Racing TV on SKY Glass, I have been waiting 2 years now! The other gisgrace is I spend time in Thailand sometimes up to 5 months, and SKY Go is unvailable as I am not in the UK, despite the advert saying watch SKY anywhere on SKY Go. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Carloss wrote:

It is a disgrace not having Racing TV on SKY Glass, I have been waiting 2 years now!

As noted above, the owners of the channel would need to enter into a commercial relationship with Sky for distribution on Glass/Stream, and presumably have chosen not to do so: you could always try asking them.

https://www.racingtv.com/contact 

The other gisgrace is I spend time in Thailand sometimes up to 5 months, and SKY Go is unvailable as I am not in the UK, despite the advert saying watch SKY anywhere on SKY Go. 

Sky Go is not and never was a global streaming platform, and Sky has never advertised it as being so.  For UK Sky subscription, Sky states viewing is only possible in the UK since Brexit removed EU portability: RoI subscribers still have EU roaming for 30 days.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-go-what-do-you-need-help-with 

I'd note that in recent text, 'anywhere' has been replaced with 'around your home and on the move'.  National media regulation and commercial rights issues typically mean that no television subscription services are fully portable.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by MoodyJudy This message was authored by: MoodyJudy

I too was disppointed that Racing TV isn't on Sky Glass.  What you can do is link up your TV as a monitor via an HDMI cable and watch via the Racing TV webpage on your computer.  It's what I do, it gives the impression  that I'm watching it on TV when displayed on full screen mode. 😊

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion