Discussion topic: Paramount+ already linked

This message was authored by Kennedy9 This message was authored by: Kennedy9

Paramount+ already linked

I'm having an issue with accessing my paramount+ account through sky cinema. It says they are already linked but then asks to pay to access it!

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Paramount+ already linked

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you login to Paramount plus on a different device than your Sky device and go to manage account, what account type does it say you have?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Kennedy9
Topic Author

When I log in on paramount plus the only option I get is to sign up for 12 months  or get a free 7 day trial . Although my sky account says I'm linked . The paramount account appears that I'm not linked in with sky . 
it has worked before but I've had problems since updating my e mail address . I have reset both sky and paramount accounts with the new email and password . 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

I suspect you need to raise this with the paramount plus customer support team, as it wouldn't surprise me if changing the email address has broken the link from the paramount plus side of things.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Kennedy9  If you are trying to access a Paramount + subscription you had with Sky Q then you have to re-register as when you move to Glass or Stream all your Marketplace subscriptions are cancelled so you have to re-register (see the following link) https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-upgrade

You should be able to register a new Sky P+ account or re-register an old Sky Q one as follows:

Go to the bottom of the home page and select the following in this order: MySky / your products / (enter your PIN) / App Subscriptions.

Select App subscriptions / Current / and then Paramount + Monthly.  Hopefully it will say £0 per month as you have Sky Cinema.  If so select Activate subscription.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Kennedy9
Topic Author

Thanks for your help I tried this but it still says I have no active subscription . 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Kennedy9 As that didn't work would you like me to escalate your post to the Community Messaging team who will send you an invitation for an online chat?

This message was authored by Bigjacko This message was authored by: Bigjacko

I have the same issue, after 2 hours on the phone, I reset the paramount password, tried every possible thing, sky resorted to removing sky movies from my sky account then added it again, it worked, the next day same issue,

I could log in but was asked to pay, seems it's not just me with the issue, will call them back again, the bonus to this issue was offered a better deal. 

Hi @Bigjacko

Try the following: 

Go to the bottom of the home page and select the following in this order: MySky / your products / (enter your PIN) / App Subscriptions 

Select App subscriptions / Current / and then Paramount + Monthly.  Hopefully it will say £0 per month as you have Sky Cinema.  If so select Activate subscription.

Good luck 🤞

This message was authored by AntE2024 This message was authored by: AntE2024

I have exactly the same issue. Been to multiple departments and no resolution. 

This message was authored by del1976uk This message was authored by: del1976uk

I've been talking to paramount+ customer support for hours and no luck. I was on the phone to sky for an hour and a half today getting shunted about for the last person to hang up on me as he didn't know how to fix it

This message was authored by Habadabadoo This message was authored by: Habadabadoo

Hit this problem today moving from Sky Q to Sky Stream.  I'd already activated the Paramount Plus account with Sky Q and now on Sky Stream it says already registered.

It's very frustrating to see this is still a problem.  I don't understand why you can't carry over the same subscription.  Poor planning on both sides.

@Habadabadoo wrote:

Hit this problem today moving from Sky Q to Sky Stream.  I'd already activated the Paramount Plus account with Sky Q and now on Sky Stream it says already registered.

It's very frustrating to see this is still a problem.  I don't understand why you can't carry over the same subscription.  Poor planning on both sides.

You have to perform the relinking because your Sky Q account and your Sky Stream account are completely different, they have different account numbers, so you need to relink Paramount+ to your Sky streaming account. Your Sky Q account would eventually get disabled/deactivated as part of the ordering process of Stream cancelling your Sky Q services.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by del1976uk This message was authored by: del1976uk

Do you have any idea how to relink as it doesn't give me an option to unlink so I can relink. It just says already linked 

@del1976uk - if on the Sky Glass/Stream you go to My Sky, then click Sky Shop and select the Paramount+ app. Or, say "Get Paramount Plus" into your Sky remote.

Open the Paramount+ app and click Get Paramount+.

Click Confirm. Then follow the onscreen instructions.

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion