Discussion topic: How do I watch recordings saved on sky q box on windows sky go?

This message was authored by NeetsMercs This message was authored by: NeetsMercs

How do I watch recordings saved on sky q box on windows sky go?

I've had sky q for years and need to use sky go -  I have downloaded the app to windows laptop but there is no option to watch what I have recorded on skyq. 

All Replies

NeetsMercs
Topic Author
This message was authored by NeetsMercs This message was authored by: NeetsMercs

Why does Food Network not appear on my Sky Go but it does on Sky q?

Why does Food Network not appear on my Sky Go but it does on Sky q? I've have Sky q for years, need to use sky go, I only want food network but it doesn't appear to watch. I have turned on Connect to box option. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: How do I watch recordings saved on sky q box on windows sky go?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NeetsMercs 

To watch back your Sky Q box recordings you need multiscreen on your account so do you have this ?

The same applies to watch the Food Network channel, to be able to stream the channel from your Sky Q box you need multiscreen.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
NeetsMercs
Topic Author

Hi

Thanks for the m quick reply. I don't know what multi screen is it if I have it, how do I work that out? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Multiscreen is a TV package that allows you to view on another TV in your home apart from your main one because you need it if you have a Sky Q mini box installed. It also allows you to view your recordings from your Sky Q box back via Sky Go, more details can be found here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/watch-sky-in-different-rooms

If you don't have it and want it you will need to call Sky.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
NeetsMercs
Topic Author

Thanks for that. All sounds too complicated for me. I thought I'd worked it out and got most of the channels but I just want to watch food network for a couple of hours each night and it's not there so I guess this just doesn't work for me. 😞 
appreciate your help though 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@NeetsMercs wrote:

I just want to watch food network for a couple of hours each night and it's not there so I guess this just doesn't work for me. 😞 

Go doesn't replicate the full satellite channel lineup: the owners of individual channels get to choose whether or not they permit Sky to distribute that way.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
NeetsMercs
Topic Author

Thankyou, that makes sense, it's just not clear when reading the marketing material that is the case. At least I know it's not just something wrong with what I'm doing, or my setup. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion