Discussion topic: Sky Go and Sky Stream

This message was authored by SeaMeHearMe This message was authored by: SeaMeHearMe

Sky Go and Sky Stream

Hi, I've just replaced Sky Q with Sky Stream. I have the Ultimate TV package, which includes Eurosport. I have until recently downloaded recorded content from my Sky Q box to my tablet to watch on my train commute. 

My issue is this: I can't transfer the content (British Superbikes) to my tablet in advance now as there is nothing recorded. And when I try to download the content directly to my tablet from the Sky Go website (effectively as a catch-up stream) I get the error message: this content is not available to watch on Sky Go. Yet when I transferred the recording from Sky Q to my tablet, it played fine.

Not impressed that this kind of issue was not pointed out when buying Stream....with the bad signal on most trains, this pretty much renders Sky Go unusable when commuting.

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Sky Go and Sky Stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SeaMeHearMe wrote:

Not impressed that this kind of issue was not pointed out when buying Stream....with the bad signal on most trains, this pretty much renders Sky Go unusable when commuting.

It's unlikely that any provider would highlight loss of functionality, but yes, the current lack of any integration between Stream and Go has been raised here and elsewhere.  Unfortunately for content like the one you are interested in there is almost certainly extra complication with on-demand rights when compared to transfer of a locally recorded data file.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Sky Go and Sky Stream

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SeaMeHearMe wrote:

It's unlikely that any provider would highlight loss of functionality, but yes, the current lack of any integration between Stream and Go has been raised here and elsewhere.  Unfortunately for content like the one you are interested in there is almost certainly extra complication with on-demand rights when compared to transfer of a locally recorded data file.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion