Discussion topic: SkyGo Crashing on Start-up - Windows 11

This message was authored by SamB08 This message was authored by: SamB08

SkyGo Crashing on Start-up - Windows 11

Yes, it this topic again and having searched this community, it looks to be a common issue that still hasn't been fixed. I've tried all the answers on those so here I am creating my own in the hope this is something can be resolved.

So when I open SkyGo on my Windows 11 Laptop, it opens, the screen goes black, then it crashes. When I try to run it as an administrator, it starts up, I receive an Error Code PFE 4002, then I get asked to select my cookie options and then it crashes.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, tried opening it in compatibility mode, uninstalled it and deleted the Cisco and Sky files from from my C: Users folder under AppData, I've pretty much tried everything on this community board and short of sacrificing a newborn child to the Sky Gods, I have no idea what to do. Can anyone advise of anything I may not have tried?

All Replies

SamB08
Topic Author
This message was authored by SamB08 This message was authored by: SamB08

Re: SkyGo Crashing on Start-up - Windows 11

Is anyone able to help with this please? Anyone from the Sky team that's able to help at all? Calling doesn't work so this is pretty much my last hope of making it work!

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there SamB08, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by jkemsley This message was authored by: jkemsley

This doesn't help anyone...

Having exactly the same issues, and you seem to think that calling me and telling me the exact same "fixes" is going to help.

On a very rare occasion, SkyGo does open, but it's very very rare...and very very frustrating.

Why can't you just have an online viewer

This message was authored by Sad_sky_user This message was authored by: Sad_sky_user

I have same issue when calling I got moved between 4 different support areas then even they gave up. Not great when the reason I wanted skygo on Windows is because Sky Q picture is frozen, on the plus side I have skygo in my phone which is great but not what I spend this much money for, for many, many years.

This happeened again over the weekend...after working fine the couple of weeks beforehand.

Same computer, same internet connection...

This message was authored by CAR04 This message was authored by: CAR04

Hi, I'm having the same issues:  error code 4002, opens up with black screen then closes.  And, getting support for his nil 😡

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CAR04 

I don't know if this will work:

Right-click on the Sky Go app and click on Compatibility.
Go to change settings for all users at bottom of pop-up.
Check the boxes "Run as administrator" AND the box beneath that says "Register this Program for Restart".
Click Apply.
This should take you to a screen where you have to sign into your Sky account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

It might work every now and then, but won't always work.

And it's definitely not a fix! Why can't they just have a web browser viewer like everyone else.

This message was authored by Daniel1619 This message was authored by: Daniel1619

I'm having this issue and have been struggling with this for months with no results. Please can someone help me fix this? I have done all the suggestions including clearing out my Local and Roaming folders and uninstalled countless times.

This message was authored by Stockers75 This message was authored by: Stockers75

Anybody managed to sort this?

Having the same problem & tried what's been advised.

This message was authored by RJW1 This message was authored by: RJW1

Please sort this SKY - will discontinue my subscription otherwise. It shouldnt be this hard!!!!

This message was authored by AnonPoster123 This message was authored by: AnonPoster123

My SkyGo on Win11 had been working fine for months, if not years, but now... I'm suffering from the 4002 error described (followed by the cookie choice then crash out).  I had a previous error, uninstalled the app, reinstalled with the escalated privileges described and now it's this one.  

Sky really need to get a handle on this and offer a proper fix - rather than some suggested sticking plaster remedies which don't reliably solve the problem.

Yep, it's ridiculous.

Genuinely contemplating cancelling, as it's near enough the only thing I use Sky for 

This message was authored by We This message was authored by: We

I've got exactly this issue, I contacted sky support who put me thru to another team, who are sending me an engineer tomorrow. I have little confidence but will go through the motions. I pointed her to this thread but she wasn't interested. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion