Discussion topic: Using the Sky Go app on Sky Q

This message was authored by John+B1 This message was authored by: John+B1

Using the Sky Go app on Sky Q

HI all wondering if someone can shed some light on my issue.

I have had a few issues with the sky wifi network and there are no signs that sky are going to release any updates to their equiptment in the near future, so I bought a TP Link Deco system which gives me super fast access, and provides cocerage all over my house with no issues.

However when I went to use sky go and watch my recordings in my home it says it cant find the skyQ box. So I set my phone back onto the sky wifi and hey presto the recordings appear on the app.

Now I am a little confused as to why when my phone is connected to the Deco wifi it wont allow me to access my recordings on the app. It gives the message unable to find the sky Q box. The Deco system is plugged into the router ethernet port as the SkyQ box is.

Any Answeres out there?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Foulshi This message was authored by: Foulshi Answer

Re: Using the Sky Go app on Sky Q

Hi.

I found this post because I have a similar issue. It hadn't occurred to me that it might be the Deco setup causing a problem.  I have just tried changing a few things and I think I have stumbled on a possible fix:

in the deco app, go to the 4 squares bottom right (More) then Advanced.

Operation mode was set to Wi-fi router and I changed it to Access point.

It prompts for a restart which takes a minute or 2 but after the change I went back into sky go and my recordings were there.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ian

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @John+B1 

Assume you have the Sky Q monthly Multiscreen subscription ?

John+B1
Topic Author

Yes, I have the full package.

My set up is 2 terrabite SkyQ 4k Ultra HD, with 2 Mini Boxes Sky broadband and router. All are connected via ethernet network.

hope that helps

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@John+B1 

You might need to investigate the Deco settings to see if it's applying some kind of wireless client privacy or separation.

I'd observe that the Sky 'update' has arrived in the form of the Max Hub and matching pods: there's very little chance that Q television hardware will now get a hardware revision.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Foulshi This message was authored by: Foulshi Answer

Hi.

I found this post because I have a similar issue. It hadn't occurred to me that it might be the Deco setup causing a problem.  I have just tried changing a few things and I think I have stumbled on a possible fix:

in the deco app, go to the 4 squares bottom right (More) then Advanced.

Operation mode was set to Wi-fi router and I changed it to Access point.

It prompts for a restart which takes a minute or 2 but after the change I went back into sky go and my recordings were there.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ian

John+B1
Topic Author

Yes you are correct

I did he same thing and it works. However I wanted a better network now the Deco is just acting as a repeater of the sky network and gives me the same issues I had before with failing Internet issues. With the Deco in routing mode my Internet issues went away. These were mainly your are connected to sky but have no Internet connection. This happens regularly.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion