Discussion topic: Charging battery for first time takes hours... between 6 to 8 hours according to FAQ!!

This message was authored by Vincenz This message was authored by: Vincenz

Charging battery for first time takes hours... between 6 to 8 hours according to FAQ!!

Hello Sky Protect Community,

I'm very familiar with Ring doorbell that can be hardwired but not Sky doorbell! Can't believe it takes 6-8 hours to charge! Then how often it needs to recharge? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice Answer

Re: Charging battery for first time takes hours... between 6 to 8 hours according to FAQ!!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yes, that faq advice is correct.

I have found my video doorbell that I have used without issue since last Summer, with regular daily recording use lasts 30 days with a 6 hour  charge or even just charging overnight for ease.

In the app, click on video doorbell and under the settings icon there are clip management options that do help a lot to get the best battery optimisation and a longer charge period.

Would suggest setting to the suggested options.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice Answer

Re: Charging battery for first time takes hours... between 6 to 8 hours according to FAQ!!

Yes, that faq advice is correct.

I have found my video doorbell that I have used without issue since last Summer, with regular daily recording use lasts 30 days with a 6 hour  charge or even just charging overnight for ease.

In the app, click on video doorbell and under the settings icon there are clip management options that do help a lot to get the best battery optimisation and a longer charge period.

Would suggest setting to the suggested options.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Vincenz wrote:

Hello Sky Protect Community,

I'm very familiar with Ring doorbell that can be hardwired but not Sky doorbell! Can't believe it takes 6-8 hours to charge! Then how often it needs to recharge? 

@Vincenz like @lettice I've had the kit since around July last year and had relatively few problems as well, my doorbell gets low to medium (more low than medium)use and I get around 45 to 60 days on one charge although others have complained they only get a few days on a full charge

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Vincenz
Topic Author
This message was authored by Vincenz This message was authored by: Vincenz

Thanks Lattice, well that's not too bad for 45-60 days before recharging as long as it's on low demand.  I'll see what it likes after my first charging on Sky doorbell.

Thanks V

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion