Discussion topic: YouTube on Sky Q "loading" after pausing..

This message was authored by justinp76 This message was authored by: justinp76

Re: YouTube on Sky Q "loading" after pausing..

We have the same issue, it's incredibly frustrating! I have tried refreshing the apps, have spoken with Sky however, the problem is still there!!!! 

This message was authored by Razzle+berry This message was authored by: Razzle+berry

Same issue, can't pause youtube without it loading and freezing! So annoying 

This message was authored by AndyCazza This message was authored by: AndyCazza

So why is this still happening? Do Sky even look at these messages? Come on, Sky, sort it out! 

Jaxx25
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jaxx25 This message was authored by: Jaxx25

Well it clearly isn't just me 😅

Yeah it's still a problem with no fix in sight.

Of course, if you remember, you can simply tap the rewind button by one step before resuming your video and it'll be fine. But we shouldn't have to do that..

And for the person who said it doesn't happen on adverts....have you ever tried rewinding a Sky ad? Next time one ends, try rewinding it, playing it midway through. Then fast forward past it to the next ad, then rewind again.. you might notice it glitches out a bit (screen freezes while playing sound, or playing video from one ad and the sound from another), but do that a few times and you'll notice that the Sky ad changes to a completely different advert... It's as if Sky are overwriting other product ads with their own. 🤔

I noticed it when I tried rewinding the one with David Beckham in so I could Shazam the music from it, but it wouldn't let me cuz.....Sky.

Semi related, does anyone elses remote randomly stop responding? All buttons except the volume buttons that is. Come on, sky. You're better than this.

Anyway I hope this is all fixed soon 🤦🏻

Semi related, does anyone elses remote randomly stop responding? All buttons except the volume buttons that is.

Come on, Sky. You're better than this..

This message was authored by Razzle+berry This message was authored by: Razzle+berry

Yeah have to reset the box for the remote to start working again, but doesn't happen too often 

Jaxx25
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jaxx25 This message was authored by: Jaxx25

True, true..

I usually just give it a minute and it fixes itself, still annoying though..

Apparently you can change your remote so all buttons use IR like the volume buttons, and that'll likely fix that problem entirely but I like being able to use it without pointing it at the TV.. and like you said, it doesnt happen too often..

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jaxx25 wrote:

Well it clearly isn't just me 😅

Yeah it's still a problem with no fix in sight.

Of course, if you remember, you can simply tap the rewind button by one step before resuming your video and it'll be fine. But we shouldn't have to do that..

And for the person who said it doesn't happen on adverts....have you ever tried rewinding a Sky ad? Next time one ends, try rewinding it, playing it midway through. Then fast forward past it to the next ad, then rewind again.. you might notice it glitches out a bit (screen freezes while playing sound, or playing video from one ad and the sound from another), but do that a few times and you'll notice that the Sky ad changes to a completely different advert... It's as if Sky are overwriting other product ads with their own. 🤔

I noticed it when I tried rewinding the one with David Beckham in so I could Shazam the music from it, but it wouldn't let me cuz.....Sky.

Semi related, does anyone elses remote randomly stop responding? All buttons except the volume buttons that is. Come on, sky. You're better than this.

Anyway I hope this is all fixed soon 🤦🏻

Semi related, does anyone elses remote randomly stop responding? All buttons except the volume buttons that is.

Come on, Sky. You're better than this..

Sky serve ads dynamically

No, my remote works fine.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion