Discussion topic: Converting HD purchases to UHD

This message was authored by RobDindahouse This message was authored by: RobDindahouse

Converting HD purchases to UHD

This been bugging me for a while.

When i purchae modern films they pretty much are all offered at the max of HD 

is there a way to delete these and request back in UHD ?

maybe SKY does not see UHD as a premium content that customers want 

example are Blade runner 2049, John Wick 1, 2, 3, 4 , Mi Fallout The accountant , The Equalizer, Top Gun Maverick etc etc 

OR should just order from NEtflicks from now on who do have the UHD and Dolby Atoms option

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Converting HD purchases to UHD

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RobDindahouse wrote:

OR should just order from NEtflicks from now on who do have the UHD and Dolby Atoms option

Netflix does not sell anything: if subscription ceases then access ends.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
RobDindahouse
Topic Author
This message was authored by RobDindahouse This message was authored by: RobDindahouse

THanks for reply , but really i know that.

Questions is about sky purchases in HD 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

There is no option to change these films from HD to UHD as I would asume the only way to do this would be to contact Sky and get them to remove the HD versions from your account as doing so would then allow you to purchase them again in UHD if they are available.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
RobDindahouse
Topic Author

THanks 

SKy answered my question, UHD is not a service theyt concentrate on at the moment !

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

If you want to buy UHD digital downloads go to Apple TV or Rakuten or Chili🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@RobDindahouse wrote:

UHD is not a service theyt concentrate on at the moment !

Sky Store, certainly, but then it is a somewhat odd and rather legacy outlier of the overall Sky offering.

Sky Cinema typically has an on-demand UHD version of its HD-broadcast content where there's a UHD release available.

This message was authored by howdy12 This message was authored by: howdy12

Sky store is a pretty poor service to be honest,  I do rent the odd movie from them as it's available in uhd, when it comes to buying I always buy from amazon video, for the same price sky store sells for you get uhd with amazon. Why sky store don't sell movies in uhd is mind boggling. Sky used to be the leading runner in t.v entertainment etc, but have gone backwards in recent years.

@howdy12 wrote:

Sky used to be the leading runner in t.v entertainment etc, but have gone backwards in recent years.

To be fair, that was somewhat easier in the days of 56Kbs dial-up internet access when the competition was a worn-out VHS from Blockbuster ; )

Kids, ask your parents...

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@howdy12  The reason Sky do not sell UHD is because you'd lose access to the purchases when not a Sky subscriber😉

isn't it time Sky allows access to UHD on all Skystore supported platforms🤔

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion