Discussion topic: Apple TV free trial

This message was authored by Paul43 This message was authored by: Paul43

Apple TV free trial

I had a call from Sky today seeing how I was getting on with my recently installed Sky Stream today. During the conversation he said that I would get 6 months free trial of Apple TV. I followed the QR code gove by Apple TV on my Sky Stream home page, went throuh the laborius Apple registration to be given the option of a 7 day free trial. How do I get the six months

If the caller was not genuinly from Sky how did he know my activation date? 

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Apple TV free trial

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As far as I'm aware the only free Apple TV + offer is for 3 months and you get the redemption code/activation URL by claiming it via Sky VIP in the My Sky app

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Paul43 wrote:

I had a call from Sky today seeing how I was getting on with my recently installed Sky Stream today. During the conversation he said that I would get 6 months free trial of Apple TV. I followed the QR code gove by Apple TV on my Sky Stream home page, went throuh the laborius Apple registration to be given the option of a 7 day free trial. How do I get the six months

If the caller was not genuinly from Sky how did he know my activation date? 

The current offer from Sky is for a 3 month free trial. The previous Apple TV+ offer was for 6 months but this expired at the end of 2023. 

You can claim the 3 month trial via the VIP section of the MySky app. 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

The current three month Apple TV+ trial from Sky is for new and returning Apple TV+ customers.

It is available in MySky app under the Gifts and Discounts section.

Also, there has been for a few days and is there today, a  tile on the top rail of the Sky Stream homepage, promoting the offer.

The six month trial from Sky was the previous one and that has expired.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Skyuser1981 This message was authored by: Skyuser1981

Is this offer still valid as of 15th April?

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

The offer is still available to request a code in my MySky app via the Sky VIP section under Gifts and discounts.

I have taken up the offer already.

More details in the news section on this community;

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-TV/Get-3-months-free-AppleTV-with-Sky-VIP/ba-p/4604583

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

I have given up trying to redeem my free 3 months as I cannot get it to acknowledge my debit card.  This is an Apple issue and not Sky. All goes well until it says Authentication required for my transaction.  I select OK but after a few seconds responds with "your payment method was declined'.  I have no idea why as the payment method is the one associated with my Apple ID and frequently Apple payments are successfully made.  I must have tried at least 20 times over the last 10 days.

It doesn't particularly bother me but is a bit baffling as it is exactly the same details as the last time I redeemed and Apple TV Offer 🤷‍♂️

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Fothergill1 

Has your card saved on Apple Pay  expired ?

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Fothergill1 wrote:

I have given up trying to redeem my free 3 months as I cannot get it to acknowledge my debit card.  This is an Apple issue and not Sky. All goes well until it says Authentication required for my transaction.  I select OK but after a few seconds responds with "your payment method was declined'.  I have no idea why as the payment method is the one associated with my Apple ID and frequently Apple payments are successfully made.  I must have tried at least 20 times over the last 10 days.

It doesn't particularly bother me but is a bit baffling as it is exactly the same details as the last time I redeemed and Apple TV Offer 🤷‍♂️

It's probably something to do with your debit card authentication. Banks often require re-confirmation of a card being used for particular services if not used regularly. 

If you have an Apple device it's easy to go into your Apple ID and check the Payment & Shipping settings, or you can do it via the web. It's worthwhile re-entering your card details every so often via one of these methods as it will re-authorise with your bank that you are happy for the card to be used. 

Whenever I've had a payment issue with an Apple service, re-authorising the credit card I have on my account has always fixed the issue. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Hi @Jporch316 That had occurred to me but I pay my Disney+ through Apple and that went through earlier in the month without any issue.  I have just removed the card from my Apple account and re-entered it but that hasn't helped.

Although I had no problem redeeming previous offers I'm not overly bothered about this current one  as I would have cancelled it after the 3 month trial anyway.  

@Padam_Padam and @Jporch316 Thanks for your input.  To cut a long story short I added another card to my Apple Account and managed to redeem the 3 months offer on my first attempt 😀

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@Padam_Padam and @Jporch316 Thanks for your input.  To cut a long story short I added another card to my Apple Account and managed to redeem the 3 months offer on my first attempt 😀

Excellent - glad you got it sorted. There's some excellent stuff on Apple TV+ at the moment. I can highly recommend Sugar, Masters Of The Air, The New Look and Lessons In Chemistry, all of which we are enjoying immensely. 

@Padam_Padam Thanks, I will definitely give them a look.  I watched the free 1st episode of Master of the Air and am looking forward to the rest of the series.  I believe Silo is also worth a look.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@Padam_Padam Thanks, I will definitely give them a look.  I watched the free 1st episode of Master of the Air and am looking forward to the rest of the series.  I believe Silo is also worth a look.

I've just started Silo, only 5 episodes but loving it.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

@Fothergill1 wrote:

I've just started Silo, only 5 episodes but loving it.

Silo is excellent. The final episode of season 1 in particular is quite the jaw dropper. Apple do sci-fi very well. For All Mankind has been superb every season. Constellation is worth a look too - it takes a while to get your head round it but then something happens which makes it all make sense... 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion