Discussion topic: Sky stream and F1 - watch later - does it work

This message was authored by CrispB This message was authored by: CrispB

Re: Sky stream and F1 - watch later - does it work

The playlist and recording facility is terrible. I didn't get up at 4 to watch h the f1 race but I did get up early enough so I could watch it before goi g outthis morning. However, although I set it to record the programme from 4am, it is not in my playlist. I can watch the live replay of the preamble, which is on air, but I now already know the winner and I don't have time to watch this and the race that comes after it. 

What is the point of being able to record something if it doesn't actually let you watch it when and how you want to watch it!

This is really poor

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CrispB 

I honestly thought this issue had been sorted and feel massively for you I got up watch the race this morning was epic races one of the best I've seen in years 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@CardiffMan1992 wrote:

@CrispB 

I honestly thought this issue had been sorted and feel massively for you I got up watch the race this morning was epic races one of the best I've seen in years 

Strange a sibe had no issue with the play listing of the F1.

One thing to remember which I know catches some people out is that you only need to add the "Live F1" show from the EPG once and it will automatically playlist all F1 sessions for the entire season. It's quite easy to forget this so you end up pressing the playlist button again for a different sessions or race  it removes the live broadcast from your playlist.

There was previously an issue that could affect certain cloud recordings but this is apparently resolved in the latest software update QS25 which is currently being rolled out.

One thing you can try which should resolve it is to remove the live F1 from your playlist and then re-add it from the EPG (something to try in a weeks time once the Japan Session go onto the EPG).

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by JasonKH This message was authored by: JasonKH

It was a good race, a well deserved podium today

so I eventually found a recording under the 'Sport' banner? So why not in the F1 featured playlist & why make it so difficult to find?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

@CardiffMan1992 wrote:

@CrispB 

One thing to remember which I know catches some people out is that you only need to add the "Live F1" show from the EPG once and it will automatically playlist all F1 sessions for the entire season. It's quite easy to forget this so you end up pressing the playlist button again for a different sessions or race  it removes the live broadcast from your playlist.

There was previously an issue that could affect certain cloud recordings but this is apparently resolved in the latest software update QS25 which is currently being rolled out.

One thing you can try which should resolve it is to remove the live F1 from your playlist and then re-add it from the EPG (something to try in a weeks time once the Japan Session go onto the EPG).

In addition to this sometimes a simple reboot of the glass/puck helps to refresh the playlist content (just unplug the device for a minute).

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

@CardiffMan1992 wrote:

@CrispB 

In addition to this sometimes a simple reboot of the glass/puck helps to refresh the playlist content (just unplug the device for a minute).

This idea of a 'simple reboot' is just silly. No device should ever need turning off at the wall socket so often, just to get basic functionality working. 
I lost count of how many times we had to do it on the average week. It drove the family insane & totally ruined the user experience of just simply trying to watch TV. 
Anyway, we've cancelled the wretched thing now anyway and now have a much more reliable and cheaper streaming service in our household. Harmony restored.  
Sky Stream just wasn't worth the money or the hassle for us. 

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

I added the race to my Playlist yesterday on F1 UHD and it pulled through all of the events sessions quite happily both HD and UHD were on my planner. Luckily the cat woke me up at 3:30am so I got up and watched it live anyway 😆

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Sky Sports F1 cloud recording works perfectly.
Just about into my 4th week of Sky Stream, no issues.
The F1, F2, F3 and Indycar have all cloud recorded fine in UHD and HD.
That is all the practice sessions, qualy, pre/race/post and Teds notebooks. 

I did it all from adding to the playlist a few weeks back and it has honoured all the series links each of the long weekends without a problem.

As mentioned above, there is a an improvement going into the latest Sky Stream/Glass release that is at the moment in phases going out to customers that will move on a lot of the cloud recording capabilities.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

@JasonKH @CrispB 

When you add playlist fron TV guide make sure it has Live: listed in broadcast title in Tv Guide and make sure you add to playlist before live brodacast starts..

You only need to do this once as it will then add a series link to do a cloud recordings for future live broadcasts.

There will be 2 different formula 1 listings in playlists they are not the same

Live: Formula 1 (This is where you will have cloud recordings of live broadcasts)

434396241_10230915521092097_7235397121817012017_n.jpg

Formula 1 (This is for on demand versions and cloud recordings of repeat broadcasts)

On demand versions when made available can vary a few hours to next day and repeat broadcasts vary

434392879_10230915521692112_4255538792340953438_n.jpg

Live: Formula 1

434342490_10230915523892167_6134153648426856454_n.jpg

Formula 1 (On demand and Repeat broadcasts)

You click other to see on demand and repeat broadcasts the order they get listed varies a lot 

434350198_10230915521572109_6332117298072123736_n.jpg

Remember to select Live: Formula 1 in playlist to access cloud recordings of live broadcasts

434396241_10230915521092097_7235397121817012017_n.jpg

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks
This message was authored by JasonKH This message was authored by: JasonKH

..now that looks & sounds very helpful (great, clear guidance) will certainly look at this and give it a go.

thanks so much 👍

This message was authored by SKYLJM This message was authored by: SKYLJM

@Paul+Boland  Spot on - really useful guidance for people new to Stream or trying to understand the F1 playlist functions. I was about to give my guidance on it but you've captured it perfectly!

Same as you, the "Live F1" I added to playlist has worked brilliantly both end of last season and the opening 3 races of this season.

In fact for Australia qualifying, I woke up around 7am so the quali had finished live, so switched on the puck, went to playlist, found the Live Aus Quali and I'm sure I was able to select "watch from start" even though it was still currently a live programme at the time.

This message was authored by Lucyliu2 This message was authored by: Lucyliu2

Good morning and happy Easter to you all.

My issue is very similar to the OP but I watch Live food ball rather than F1. I have gleaned a lot from this (and otherthreads) but sometimes the information is unclear and appears to be contradictory.

My situation is, I  want to 'record' a live football game, program typically 7 pm to 10 pm to watch later that evening,  I may start watching before the program ends or hour or two  after, how can I do that?.

This was not possible about a year ago when I tried a Glass, but does the 'Cloud recording' functionality now allow me to do this?

Thanks

This message was authored by CrispB This message was authored by: CrispB

I had the dance pattern with the qualifying today. While the replay in on F1 you can't watch your own recording. Therefore, you can't fast forward etc. The listing's generally come up in a peculiar and unhelpful manner and yes I have reset the device, ensured it is set to record properly, and have a fast, fairly stable sky broadband.

Compared to my previous system, sky stream could really do with significant improvements. The Sky people seem nicer, but their system is still disappointing me.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion