Discussion topic: St Helens Saints in playlist is Golf!

This message was authored by Flimbin This message was authored by: Flimbin

St Helens Saints in playlist is Golf!

I've added Super League Rugby  to my playlist as I only got Sky Stream so I could watch Saints Games after I come back home from the match.

so the Saints v Huddersfield game seems to be there in my playlist  with the expected title shown, but when I play it, I see  Golf, no Saints game at all. I fast forwarded in case the Golf was just at the start, so had to watch the effin adverts again, but still golf. Tried again and again watched the adverts and still golf !

Sky stream seems to be appallingly poor product. Basically just a means of making people watch adverts and not necessarily providing what the customer pays for.

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: St Helens Saints in playlist is Golf!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Flimbin 

There has clearly been an issue with the meta data / cloud recording. As we are fellow subscribers here on the forum, the best course of action would be to email viewer relations: viewerR@sky.uk is their email address.

They will investigate and get the relevant team / broadcsster to resolve. However this can be a slow process.

MikeAlanR 

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The full match is repeated on Sky Sports Arena  at Monday 6am, 2 hr 45m.

I just added that to my playlist from that showing.

Then went into playlist and was able to play the full match, from that cloud recording of 3hr 8m.

The start did have end of golf for first 21 mins, but then played out the whole rugby match till the end.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
Flimbin
Topic Author

So I had another look and it seems the title matches the content now and it's the St Helens match in my playlist.  So it was the wrong. Content for 24 hours.

I had to watch the ads again of course making a total of 20 mins of ad watching.

Flimbin
Topic Author

What I had was a recording of 2hrs 45 mins, supposedly the Saints game, but was Golf. And started with the rear view of a female golfer. I now have the same title, the same start time and length 2hrs 45 minutes and it starts  (after the effin adverts of course) with the usual opening titles for Superleage.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion