Discussion topic: sky SD box film/sport packs switch off

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: sky SD box film/sport packs switch off

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ThePope27 wrote:

@Annie+UK 

I think there's a few sky+hd models that don't decode DVB-S2 as well.

As they ae HD boxes they MUST be able to decode HD (which have always transmitted innthe DVB-S2 format) and as such would continie to work woth any DVB-S2 transmissions 

There has been no Sky+HD box that only decodes DVB-S transmissions only, if that were the case they would never had HD on these (non existant) boxes.

The older boxes would have to be SD only to not decode HD

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

@GD1 ,

The first OG 2006 boxes were DVB-S only......

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@ThePope27 wrote:

@Annie+UK,

The OG PVR4 Thompson/Pace/Samsung boxes. 

End of life, I would only recommend DRX890, DRX895 & DRX595, our Thompson was replace by Sky in a mass callback many years ago due to a hardware design issue

I still have a PVR4 down the shed that my parents owned when sky hd first come out, 

Ancient software with many bugs 😞

I was 3 years old when Sky HD was first released, just thought I would make you feel old 😉

No need, I am old 🙂

@GD1,

You comment is incorrect as BBC HD was transmitted on DVB-S until 6th of June 2011

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN

@Annie+UK,

I was just on about the OG PVR4 Thompson/Samsung boxes were the DVB-S only boxes, I wouldn't recommend them as a daily driver,

Only recommend DRX890WL and DRX895WL

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@ThePope27  I don;t believe they were as Sky HD channels were always DVB-S2 so for this box in 2006 to be released without access to these HD channels from Sky would have been a major foobar.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

@GD1,

Its made me curious now, I'll whip the old boy out over the weekend and satisfy my curiosity (that's if the old boy doesn't blow fire in my face)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion