Discussion topic: Alternate telephone service to Sky Talk

This message was authored by Sadd-lers This message was authored by: Sadd-lers

Alternate telephone service to Sky Talk

Sky has increased the cost per mninute from 11.5 p minute to 27p per minute (Sky Pay as you Talk). Am I stuck with Sky Talk or can I use another supplier? I'd prefer to use my hand set rather than a mobile....

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Alternate telephone service to Sky Talk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sadd-lers 

Sky Talk is part of your Sky Broadband subscription. They can't be separated. If you make a lot of calls it may be worth considering changing your tariff. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sadd-lers wrote:

Sky has increased the cost per mninute from 11.5 p minute to 27p per minute (Sky Pay as you Talk). 

I don't understand. Sky's Pay as you Talk charge before this April was 25p/minute.

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

@Sadd-lers,

I personally use a Grandstream ATA (analogue telephone adapter) which allows you to use a normal landline phone with a VoIP service.

This is virtually the same way sky talk works through your router 

I use voipfone for the service

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion