Discussion topic: Sky changed my landline number after promising they wouldn't

This message was authored by sgreybe This message was authored by: sgreybe

Sky changed my landline number after promising they wouldn't

I have recently ordered Broadband which came with Sky Talk. I spent much time confirming we would be able to keep out landline number as this is vital to my work and my elderly mother who can't remember another number. Sky confirmed that I would be able to keep my number (it wasn't coming from Virgin) and so, based on this, I went ahead with the order for Broadband and Talk.

I see now on my account that the number has been changed without informing me. How do I get Sky to change it back to my old number? I can't call them on the landline because it's not working until connected to the wifi which is not active yet.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky changed my landline number after promising they wouldn't

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@sgreybe 

I don't think Sky can guarantee the same number can be retained. Unfortunately you won't be able to get it back now. 

From the Sky website…

Your phone number

Most of the time you can keep your existing number when moving to Sky Talk. Just let us know your existing number and your phone provider when placing your order.

If we can’t transfer your number or you want a new one, you’ll get an email or letter with your new number. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-broadband-and-talk-remote-activation

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
sgreybe
Topic Author

I realised this so I asked them and they said it would be fine because it wasn't Virgin. Also, I never received any letter or email saying they would change the number.

sgreybe
Topic Author

Hi Daniel

Thank you for answering. Would you be able to escalate this to someone at Sky to help me? I still haven't been able to get through to anyone on the phone and the chat bot doesn't help at all.

Thank you

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@sgreybe 

If a new landline number has been provided I'm pretty sure the Messaging Team won't be able to arrange the old number to be reapplied. 

If you dial 17070 from your landline it should play an automated message which should include the (new) number and provider.

You may have to preserve calling Sky by dialling 150 but again, I think it's too late now. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion