Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This message was authored by PhilHampson-Sky This message was authored by: PhilHampson-Sky

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

I see that the Semic Finals at Monte Carlo have now appeared on Catch Up - the day AFTER the Final has been  played.

Who wants to watch them now ?

Far too few  match replays and far too late with the few that are posted.

How many times do they need telling about this ?

This message was authored by JVE This message was authored by: JVE

I agree about this too..  I missed the final of Monte Carlo, got home and no replay available. It shd be there immediately the live ends.  And there shd be replays of a lot of the matches including the doubles. 

This message was authored by jackiec99 This message was authored by: jackiec99

Re: complaint Monte Carlo tennis coverage

I've actually given up trying to guess where the ball is. Only low level replays actually show you the ball. Not worth watching. Oh and BTW why are Sky not covering Barcelona and Munich this week? 

This message was authored by PhilHampson-Sky This message was authored by: PhilHampson-Sky

@Jackie99 They are covering both Barcelona & Munich

This message was authored by Oddie2004 This message was authored by: Oddie2004

And Stuttgart which is a WTA event.no doubt they will show Raducanu v Kerber at some point tomorrow which could be an interesting match and is played indoors.

This message was authored by MikeBlox This message was authored by: MikeBlox

live tennis ends at 8pm, why is this

Anyone know why live tennis on Sky suddenly stops at 8pm. sometimes its halfway through a match and you just get a message saying that coverage continues on Sky sports tennis, which it doesnt.

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Re: live tennis ends at 8pm, why is this

What are you getting on Sky Sports Tennis? As the coverage does continue on that channel. There's live Tennis on now until 10pm.

This message was authored by MikeBlox This message was authored by: MikeBlox

I'm just getting the same message on all the tennis streams, which says that the tennis continues on Sky Sports Tennis, but I'm actually watching on the tennis channel and its not showing anything

This message was authored by tonyp17 This message was authored by: tonyp17

My wife and I are extremely frustrated that the Red button coverage is frequently interrupted by a so called technical issue which requires the Red button coverage to be reloaded.

Because Red button coverage is presumably using the internet there is something wrong with Sky. We have a perfectly working broadband connection so I am putting this problem down to the way Sky are doing this. We never had problem with Prime TV coverage over the internet.

Come on Sky please investigate and improve coverage.

This message was authored by Cam4 This message was authored by: Cam4

@Z0eR0berts wrote:

@xenon81 I don't think it's a TV problem.  Mark Petchey and others were discussing the lack of visibility of the ball on clay courts and they know it's an issue.  They're talking about experimenting with different colour balls in an attempt to remedy the problem.  So not Sky's fault either.

Interestingly, I can see the ball very well at the Barcelona open & Stuttgart. Was impossible to see anything during Monte Carlo.

Ball visibility on clay is also very weather dependent. Days where the clay appears darker are best since there is more contrast then with the ball. On sunny days, when the clay appears light, visibility is much impaired.

This message was authored by tiddsa9 This message was authored by: tiddsa9

Bring back blue clay

This message was authored by Oddie2004 This message was authored by: Oddie2004

I had this issue and unplugged my hub and left it for 5 minutes.Now works perfectly.Depends on your speeds.

This message was authored by Cam4 This message was authored by: Cam4

@PhilHampson-Sky wrote:

Ball visibility on clay is also very weather dependent. Days where the clay appears darker are best since there is more contrast then with the ball. On sunny days, when the clay appears light, visibility is much impaired.

Fair. Barcelona in the last week is a lot more cloudy than Monte Carlo.

This message was authored by FedMac This message was authored by: FedMac

Re: complaint Monte Carlo tennis coverage

Yes you're absolutely right. Could only see the ball later in theday when the sun wasn't so bright. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion