Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

@MikeBlox wrote:

I'm just getting the same message on all the tennis streams, which says that the tennis continues on Sky Sports Tennis, but I'm actually watching on the tennis channel and its not showing anything

Sounds like you're just looking at the individual streams and not going to the live Sky Sports Tennis channel to me

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS027.508.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by Oddie2004 This message was authored by: Oddie2004

Have people who complain on here about tennis coverage actually discussed with anybody at Sky as they do not read these forums.Speak to Customer Priority Team if you are a VIP and perhaps somebody will listen to you but it is still in the baby stage and only 2 months since it launched so perhaps give it some time instead of moaning on here all the time.

This message was authored by MikeBlox This message was authored by: MikeBlox

I am watching the individual tennis streams and it's just cut off again at 9.30pm with Guaff and Kostyuk at 6 all in the final set tiebreak. I have tried going back to the main tennis channel menu but there is still nothing showing. Does it make a difference because I am watching via Now T.V using an Amazon Fire Stick having purchased a Sky Sports package?

This message was authored by RW62XXX This message was authored by: RW62XXX

Yes thanks Sky! No warning just dropped out at 6-5. Managed to get back to sky tennis channel at 6-6 

Dreadful service. Anyone had success calling sky as VIP? 

@MikeBlox wrote:

I am watching the individual tennis streams and it's just cut off again at 9.30pm with Guaff and Kostyuk at 6 all in the final set tiebreak. I have tried going back to the main tennis channel menu but there is still nothing showing. Does it make a difference because I am watching via Now T.V using an Amazon Fire Stick having purchased a Sky Sports package?

The easiest way to go to the main live tennis channel on NowTV app is  to click on TV Guide. List by Sport Then scroll down to Sky sports tennis

————————
————————
This message was authored by Bubblesjs This message was authored by: Bubblesjs

@Oddie2004 

First of all it is impossible to get to anyone in VIP team. Its all new staff and I have to be put through to 3 lots of people before they even understand the tennis offering.

Secondly we do have a right to moan. We are paying substantially more than what we paid for Prime.

When someone  takes over  service that someone else has been running noone expects the service to be substantially under par. And expect customers to pay more.

Sky knew exactly the service they  needed to provide. 

This is a community forum that nobody at sky reads.I have spoken to the Customer Priority Team on numerous ocassions and found them willing to listen and pass on relevant information to the team handling tennis coverage so not sure who you are speaking to.

This message was authored by JVE This message was authored by: JVE

Following up on earlier posts, turning off 'clear motion' didn't make ball vision any better sadly.  I made the 'sharpness' sharper and that did do a little to help see the ball but I was looking at a match in shade and think that bright sunlight makes seeing the ball even worse.  The person who messaged that the cameras might be incorrectly angled might have something so Sky should look at that.  

I saw the post about it being a problem with the colour of the balls against clay too.  I didn't have a problem with an earlier match at Monte Carlo and why haven't we had these probs before with clay?     

@JVE wrote:

Following up on earlier posts, turning off 'clear motion' didn't make ball vision any better sadly.  I made the 'sharpness' sharper and that did do a little to help see the ball but I was looking at a match in shade and think that bright sunlight makes seeing the ball even worse.  The person who messaged that the cameras might be incorrectly angled might have something so Sky should look at that.  

I saw the post about it being a problem with the colour of the balls against clay too.  I didn't have a problem with an earlier match at Monte Carlo and why haven't we had these probs before with clay?     

There's not a little sky camera person behind the court cameras at these world events you know 😁

————————
————————
This message was authored by Chris002211 This message was authored by: Chris002211

Tennis Highlights on Catchup

Sorry Sky but a bit unbelievable -

No full highlights of the Swaitek/Rybakina semi-final from Stuttgart...even today. After the tournament has finished.

Where is it? It's the killer match we all want to see!!

All other matches seem available.

And errors in the visuals/match description not matching/actual match playing not the one described.

Generic graphics don't help select the matches you want to watch either.

A bit shoddy really, compared to Amazon Prime.

Sorry but need to call that out for all tennis fans out there!!

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Tennis Highlights on Catchup

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chris002211 i've moved your post to the large tennis thread 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by JDRS This message was authored by: JDRS

red button services with Sky Q

While watching tennis I am unable to get the red button service to see other courts.

This message was authored by RichAA1 This message was authored by: RichAA1

Does anyone know why the live feed finishes mid match? Just watching the world feed with US commentators on Sabalenka match and have had to switch to Sky Tennis channel with annoying adverts to see the final set. Inexplicable? 

What channel are you watching on.Main event does not cover all the tennis and yes the whole experience is extremely frustrating from the onset.

This message was authored by EastbourneWTA This message was authored by: EastbourneWTA

I bought a roku box and sky tennis on NOWTV because I lost my excellent Amazon coverage. But hate it already, no Annabell croft or noted British commentators. I just found I wasted my money as no French open😮😮😮

I'm lucky to have a few bonus streams on other courts, but commentators don't follow up on winning players on court talks, and you can't here it. Like they just up and walk away and just don't bother to stay and finish their job. Just unprofessional conduct. Mainly were only getting low key events, Wimbledon is BBC, so sky has no major tournament to see, and without the lovely Annabell commentating. I can see my sub to NOWTV ending as just not value for money like Amazon prime was which was in every way far superior to cheap as chips disjointed sky tennis with foreign commentators. Losing amazon tennis has caused me £60 to purchase a roku box and sign up for sky sports each month. It's always the customer's who have to suffer. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion