Discussion topic: Change of Direct Debit Date

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Change of Direct Debit Date

So my first payment has been taken and I am still unable to change the payment method or date online. I thought that it was the case that you could change this after the first payment was taken ? I would like my sky glass and sky broadband bills to be aligned. Can any sky employee help please ?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Bertie1977 This message was authored by: Bertie1977 Answer

Re: Change of Direct Debit Date

I've had something similar happen to me. Spoke to Sky today who advised that as this is classed as a first payment on a new account I can't change the future billing date until 6 days after the the first payment was taken.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous wrote:

So my first payment has been taken and I am still unable to change the payment method or date online. I thought that it was the case that you could change this after the first payment was taken ? I would like my sky glass and sky broadband bills to be aligned. Can any sky employee help please ?

When did the payment get taken?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Topic Author

Hi @GD1 @it was taken on the 31st October. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @GD1 @it was taken on the 31st October. 

Very strange, have you checkked your furure bills to see what dates your being billed from & to?  Do they align with your Broadband bill dates?

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Topic Author

No they align to a different date. It's not a massive issue, just a bit of a pain ! 

This message was authored by Bertie1977 This message was authored by: Bertie1977 Answer

I've had something similar happen to me. Spoke to Sky today who advised that as this is classed as a first payment on a new account I can't change the future billing date until 6 days after the the first payment was taken.

@Bertie1977 wrote:

Good to know, thanks for the info.

Topic Author

@Bertie1977 Thankyou 

This message was authored by Nick2107 This message was authored by: Nick2107

Has anyone actually managed to change their payment date yet? 

Had my first payment taken out 10 days ago, can't find anyway to change the date online or the app.

Cheers.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Nick2107  Try this link

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bill/change-payment-date

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Bertie1977 This message was authored by: Bertie1977

That link only let's you change your old Sky Q account. Site says to change any payment details on your Sky Glass account that you need to call.

This message was authored by kingfishermovies This message was authored by: kingfishermovies

I too have experienced this major flaw with Sky Glass. It was never explained when ordering that this would happen and it was stated that as an existing customer the bank details will stay the same. I was shocked to discover that without notice the sum of £98 was taken 5 days before the regular date of 15th every month which has always been the case for 14 years. After a complaint I was told that Sky Glass isn't an upgrade it's a new product and the date can't be changed. I exercised my 14 day cooling off period and cancelled Sky Glass. Shocking service from Sky.

This message was authored by Nick2107 This message was authored by: Nick2107

To be fair, rung Sky and everything sorted, result.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion