Discussion topic: Recording F1 in uhd

This message was authored by Gothorp+23 This message was authored by: Gothorp+23

Recording F1 in uhd

Hi all, I was just wondering am currently a sky q customer with sports in uhd am getting sky glass this week. But was just wondering if I can record/save F1 ( live race/ qualifying) in uhd to the playlist? As you can watch a recorded uhd race on sky q.

Cheers

Sky 65inch sky glass in gloss black and complete sky package+ whole home, 49inch 4k HDR LG smart TV, 32inch LG HD smart TV,, EE 67mbps broadband, EE 5g mobile phone, PS4 and Acer aspire desktop pc i5 core.

Gotta love tech stuff

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Recording F1 in uhd

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gothorp+23 wrote:

Hi all, I was just wondering am currently a sky q customer with sports in uhd am getting sky glass this week. But was just wondering if I can record/save F1 ( live race/ qualifying) in uhd to the playlist? As you can watch a recorded uhd race on sky q.

Cheers

Yes you can, there are UHD channel entries within the TV Guide so you can easily see the next F1 race and add to playlist.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Gothorp+23
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gothorp+23 This message was authored by: Gothorp+23

Really? Sky glass has a uhd TV guide ? How long do you have to wait for it to be available within the playlist?

I know sometimes on sky q you can't even watch the full race in hd on the same day as the race once it's been live on TV. 

Sky 65inch sky glass in gloss black and complete sky package+ whole home, 49inch 4k HDR LG smart TV, 32inch LG HD smart TV,, EE 67mbps broadband, EE 5g mobile phone, PS4 and Acer aspire desktop pc i5 core.

Gotta love tech stuff

@Gothorp+23 wrote:

Really? Sky glass has a uhd TV guide ? How long do you have to wait for it to be available within the playlist?

I know sometimes on sky q you can't even watch the full race in hd on the same day as the race once it's been live on TV. 

Pretty much straight away after the event starts.

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Ramanujan1729 This message was authored by: Ramanujan1729

When I tried it, it was available straight away, but make sure you add It from the playlist from the uhd channel, either while watching a live session in uhd or by scrolling to when it's scheduled on channel 3051 (it's the one above bbc 1 in the TV guide, so just go up on all channels). 

It shows as recorded and you can watch back from the playlist (it usually appears in the play now rail, if the uhd feed is not in your tv shows or sports section). You will get a progress bar on the the sessions you watch, so you can dip in and out as you need.

Hope that helps. 👍 

Sky Glass 65”
Gothorp+23
Topic Author

Thanks I'll give it a try when get it on Friday, am just hoping am not back peddling going from sky q to sky glass🙏, I know it's still in its infancy but not seeing much good feedback on here and on the reviews my biggest worry is losing the ability to record programs/movies in hd or uhd, I guess only time will tell 🤞🤞

Gotta love tech stuff

@Gothorp+23 wrote:

Thanks I'll give it a try when get it on Friday, am just hoping am not back peddling going from sky q to sky glass🙏, I know it's still in its infancy but not seeing much good feedback on here and on the reviews my biggest worry is losing the ability to record programs/movies in hd or uhd, I guess only time will tell 🤞🤞

Best is to try it yourself, I would ensure you have a good wifi signal or if not go down the ethernet/powerline adapter route where possible.

Gothorp+23
Topic Author

Yeah cool like you've said just give it a try am sure that's when the 14 day cooling off period starts from 🤔and as for WiFi it'll be hardwired just like the sky q box is atm 👍👍

Gotta love tech stuff

@Gothorp+23 wrote:

Yeah cool like you've said just give it a try am sure that's when the 14 day cooling off period starts from 🤔and as for WiFi it'll be hardwired just like the sky q box is atm 👍👍

Ok, the good news is it's 31 days from delivery 🙂

This message was authored by MachLoop This message was authored by: MachLoop

@Gothorp+23 

My video ok.

go to 8mins 15 secs and watch from there.

hope it helps.👍🏻👍🏻

https://youtu.be/rbNlsALq7hI

****************************************************************************************************************************

Been with Sky 23 years and love tech.

Check out my Sky Glass videos to date.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmDpCnlZ47kNmWGyS6UpR2U9FbTI-sa7S
Gothorp+23
Topic Author

Cheers thanks for your help, looking forward to getting sky glass on Friday we'll certainly give it a try and see how we get on.

So am I right in thinking that going of what you said on your YouTube video I don't need to buy a wall bracket to mount the TV to the wall ? Just use what provided 8n the sky box ?

Gotta love tech stuff
This message was authored by MachLoop This message was authored by: MachLoop

@Gothorp+23 

Yes it comes with a plate to wall hang, but it then flat against the wall ok, no tilt swivel features, also we found it easier to use the spacers as the hdmi sockets are located under the tv ok.👍🏼👍🏼

****************************************************************************************************************************

Been with Sky 23 years and love tech.

Check out my Sky Glass videos to date.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmDpCnlZ47kNmWGyS6UpR2U9FbTI-sa7S
This message was authored by Sky-by-night This message was authored by: Sky-by-night

@Gothorp+23 wrote:

Cheers thanks for your help, looking forward to getting sky glass on Friday we'll certainly give it a try and see how we get on.

So am I right in thinking that going of what you said on your YouTube video I don't need to buy a wall bracket to mount the TV to the wall ? Just use what provided 8n the sky box ?

Further to @MachLoop's reply, the viewing angle of the Glass TV is pretty critical. Picture is great whilst looking at the TV head-on but becomes very washed-out if viewing at an angle. If you like to watch from different positions, you may want to consider a cantilver style mount rather than the flat wall mount supplied with the stand.

This message was authored by Sky-by-night This message was authored by: Sky-by-night

Cantilever!

Gothorp+23
Topic Author

Am so glad I purchased sky glass before coming on here and reading people's post😩, not one post saying how good sky glass is, am pretty sure the viewing angle will be ok if it was that bad everyone would sending theirs back but we'll see tomorrow how good or bad it is 🤔

Gotta love tech stuff

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion