Discussion topic: Download Failed technical fault

This message was authored by brad278 This message was authored by: brad278

Download Failed technical fault

Hi all,

I've just got in tonight and tried to download on demand. Keeps failing on sky max and docs but I've tried sky Atlantic and that's working.

I unplugged for 30 mins, but it's made no difference. I'm usually great at solving issues but this one has me stumped 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Download House on Peacock

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Joanie57 @lexielew 

All is explained via the links that have been posted multiple times here:

https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/tv

We are aware that users may receive a technical error message when downloading some content on their Sky Q/HD boxes. We are investigating this issue and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by jowhitby This message was authored by: jowhitby

Constant failed on demand

Hi all.

I am trying to download from the on demand boxset session. Was working fine last night, but now keep getting "failed" banner across the top, when I try. I have turned box set top box and router off to try and see if that worked. It's fine when recording normal live tv only seems to be the on demand that it fails on.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Constant failed on demand

@jowhitby wrote:

Hi all.

I am trying to download from the on demand boxset session. Was working fine last night, but now keep getting "failed" banner across the top, when I try. I have turned box set top box and router off to try and see if that worked. It's fine when recording normal live tv only seems to be the on demand that it fails on.

Hi @jowhitby 

There does appear to be quite a few issues with On Demand and 4G broadband.

If you are not on this 
Try a Reset Settings in the Q box hidden menu.
To enter hidden menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.
With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.
Only Carry out the first Reset (Reset Settings) as the other two will wipe all recordings.
After the Reset you will have to re pair your Bluetooth remote If you use one.
If you cannot switch the Q box on with the remote after the Reset press the Standby button (Amber led) on the front of the box.
To re pair the remote press 1 & 3 together on the remote and follow onscreen instructions to re pair.

Make sure that you are pointing the remote at the Q box when you press 1 & 3 together.

Resetting the settings will also reset:

Audio visual settings, such as picture resolution and HDMI control
Settings changed within the hidden engineer menu, include LNB type. If on a communal dish you need to reset the LNB to SCR in the hidden menu. After changing the LNB type you need to reboot the Q box.

This message was authored by jowhitby This message was authored by: jowhitby

@oldfella @Just tried to do what you said, no joy, it's just so frustrating. Thanks for your help though 😊

This message was authored by Lloyd196 This message was authored by: Lloyd196

Technical Fault Download

I can't download anything as it says there's a technical fault, I've switched my box off 3 times and re started the wifi and still won't work. Can anyone help?

This message was authored by Focaltrip This message was authored by: Focaltrip

Re: Sky Q Downloads stuck at 101%

I also have this issue just started trying to download episode of sat night live from sky comedy.  The download starts then flashes up no subscription then starts and stops @ 101%.  

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Sky Q Downloads stuck at 101%

@Focaltrip wrote:

I also have this issue just started trying to download episode of sat night live from sky comedy.  The download starts then flashes up no subscription then starts and stops @ 101%.  

@Focaltrip try deleting the programme then going into deleted programmes and deleting it from there finally try downloading it again 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Skittlessteve This message was authored by: Skittlessteve

Downloads failing

I can't download any programmes from my homepage or my on demand page. A message reads "download failed. Technical error" 

Everything else with sky Q and internet is working fine.

This message was authored by JayneK65 This message was authored by: JayneK65

Download fail message on sky history programme

Hi. I'm trying to download 'Alone' S9 on sky history that says is 'available until 26th November ' but every episode I try says 'download failed' Sooooo frustrating as watched E1 & 2 and now can't watch the rest. Any ideas? 

This message was authored by Grundig1 This message was authored by: Grundig1

Download failed

Hi there when trying to download a programme on sky plus HD box,I'm getting a download failed message. Anyone know how to fix this?

This message was authored by Juicy1970 This message was authored by: Juicy1970

Re: Technical Fault Download

Mine won't download either ! 😕 

This message was authored by BettyWilma This message was authored by: BettyWilma

Re: Download failed

While trying to download episode 3 of White Lotus on Sky Atlantic I am confronted by message download failed. Have tried other programs and received the same message.

I can access You Tube, Netflix and BBC i player.

it seems to be an issue with Sky programs.

please help

This message was authored by Keyra This message was authored by: Keyra

Re: Download failed

I am also experiencing so looking for advice as well.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Download fail message on sky history programme

Have you tried the SD version if it is the HD one that keeps failing ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Im having the same problem. Just today. Seems to be any sky program,  as the bbc and ch4 programs are downloading fine.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion