Discussion topic: Sky glass/secondary box

This message was authored by Womanic2016 This message was authored by: Womanic2016

Sky glass/secondary box

Hey 👋🏻

so i have SKY GLASS downstairs but i have the secondary SKY Q box upstairs (which i had before sky glass) soooooo......

how do i connect my secondary box now please? I used to just sync the 2 (when sky q was downstairs) 

tia x

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky glass/secondary box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Womanic2016 wrote:

Hey 👋🏻

so i have SKY GLASS downstairs but i have the secondary SKY Q box upstairs (which i had before sky glass) soooooo......

how do i connect my secondary box now please? I used to just sync the 2 (when sky q was downstairs) 

tia x

You can't connect a Q box to a Glass TV, in fact the Q box should be returned to Sky as it's not yours to keep.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Womanic2016 wrote:

Hey 👋🏻

tia x

Hi @Womanic2016 

Afraid Sky Q is not compatible with Sky Glass and your Q subscription ceased when you took Glass.

All Q boxes should have been returned to Sky

Womanic2016
Topic Author
This message was authored by Womanic2016 This message was authored by: Womanic2016

Ohhh maaaaaaan 🤦🏼‍♀️

hmmm....so i guess i could put the SKY GO app onto TV upstairs and watch TV in bed like that?x

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@Womanic2016You can't as they are not compatible and Sky will want all your Q boxes back as they own them.

You need to get a Puck from Sky as these are the equivalent of mini boxes although they work like an independent glass device.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

If you can do that, yes.  (But the TV won't have the app so you'll need a device to do that).

...or get a puck which is the glass supported option.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@Womanic2016 wrote:

Ohhh maaaaaaan 🤦🏼‍♀️

hmmm....so i guess i could put the SKY GO app onto TV upstairs and watch TV in bed like that?x

Yes that should work ( on the remote chance you can get the app for your TV) although a Puck from Sky would be the normal way of doing it.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Womanic2016 wrote:

There is no Go app for smart television, so you'd need additional hardware. It's also worth noting that once you have Glass, Go does not function in the same way as it did with Q (no BBC channels, for example).  As indicated above, a Whole Home subscription and a Glass puck is the expected solution.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion