Discussion topic: Standby Mode

This message was authored by Intermilan This message was authored by: Intermilan

Standby Mode

Sky Q box mini is on standby mode and will not turn on. I have followed the instructions for software update to see if that would push things along and it doesn't. Also tried the turn off at the wall while holding down the reset button which also doesn't work. Any other ideas? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Standby Mode

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Intermilan  If you have tried the usual trouble shooting steps and it won't come out of standby you may need to call Sky https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-q-box-wont-turn-on-v2#get-in-touch

One more thing to try, when you press the remote to start the mini does the LED flash?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Intermilan   Have you tried pressing the on/off button on the box to rule out a problem with the remote.

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-q-stuck-on-standby/check-your-remote

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Intermilan  If you have tried the usual trouble shooting steps and it won't come out of standby you may need to call Sky https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-q-box-wont-turn-on-v2#get-in-touch

One more thing to try, when you press the remote to start the mini does the LED flash?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Intermilan
Topic Author
This message was authored by Intermilan This message was authored by: Intermilan

@MightyQuinn yes tried that too as I was hoping it would be that! I got as far as software update 2/2 then nada. It won't come off standby. Tried to hold down the reset button while turning it back on at the mains and still nothing.

It was working fine yesterday, although some of the programmes which were recently recorded had software issues, and the recording picture didn't match up to the show. For example Eastenders wouldn't show a picture at all, however Love Island would have like CBeebies. Hence why I thought I should update the software and now it's broken 😞 

Intermilan
Topic Author

@GD1 yes the light flashes on the remote if I press the ? 

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Intermilan   Power rebooted the Main box first? It looks like a call to Sky may be necessary.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion