Discussion topic: US Masters Red Button Menu not working

This message was authored by Dan+Q This message was authored by: Dan+Q

US Masters Red Button Menu not working

Pressing the red button during the Masters golf, brings up a menu on the right of the screen with 7 options, but you can't move up or down the menu to make a choice.   i.e. Menu navigation isn't working.    I've rebooted, so it's not that.   I'm on Sky Q with the  Sky Q Touch Remote.

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: US Masters Red Button Menu not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Dan+Q yes it does seem to be a problem with the original Touch remotes

I dug mine out & tried it.,

It  seems OK with the upgraded Touch remotes that have a positive button action as well

If you really want to access the red button options there is a (poor) work around  - you need to reset your remote to infrared mode & not pair it with your box so the buttons under the touch area work (This will also stop it working with your TV whilst un-paired)

@Kei+M please can you pass this on to the relevant department(s)

I think it is highly unlikely you will get a fix during the championship @Dan+Q(& maybe never as the Touch remotes have not been issued for quite a while) 

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Hi @Dan+Q yes it does seem to be a problem with the original Touch remotes

I dug mine out & tried it.,

It  seems OK with the upgraded Touch remotes that have a positive button action as well

If you really want to access the red button options there is a (poor) work around  - you need to reset your remote to infrared mode & not pair it with your box so the buttons under the touch area work (This will also stop it working with your TV whilst un-paired)

@Kei+M please can you pass this on to the relevant department(s)

I think it is highly unlikely you will get a fix during the championship @Dan+Q(& maybe never as the Touch remotes have not been issued for quite a while) 

Dan+Q
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dan+Q This message was authored by: Dan+Q

Thanks for that.

I have a newer remote, but was still using the old touch one.

I've activated the new one and I can now navigate the menu.

Cheers.

This message was authored by Kei+M This message was authored by: Kei+M

Yeah, it does appear to be broken with that particular remote. I've sent it on to be checked.

Thanks,

Kei
Community Manager

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Many thanks @Kei+M 

This message was authored by MarysLittleLamb This message was authored by: MarysLittleLamb

How do I get a new remote?

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

@MarysLittleLamb wrote:

How do I get a new remote?

Hi @MarysLittleLamb   If your remote is faulty then you need to telephone Sky. The best number to call can be found in the My Sky App.

This message was authored by MarysLittleLamb This message was authored by: MarysLittleLamb

Just realised that I had a new remote but wanted to keep my touch remote however it looks like there are being decommissioned now! Just paired the new one and all the apps now work. Pity I really liked the touch remote.

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@MarysLittleLambThe touch ones have not been made for well over a year, the current one and the only one is an all button voice controller with the blue microphone button on the front, I preferred the button one with the microphone button on the side.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion