Discussion topic: sky glass coming 7th november do i need to remove old tv and sky box prior to delivery

This message was authored by gemini59 This message was authored by: gemini59

sky glass coming 7th november do i need to remove old tv and sky box prior to delivery

hi i have sky glass being delivered next weekend, what happens prior? Do we need to remove existing TV and sky box or do they do it for you? many thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by Jon+Reeve This message was authored by: Jon+Reeve Answer

Re: sky glass coming 7th november do i need to remove old tv and sky box prior to delivery

I would say it would be a big help to them if you did that.

They only put the TV on its stand and put it where you want it so it would be ideal to have the space ready.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: sky glass coming 7th november do i need to remove old tv and sky box prior to delivery

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@gemini59 

The remit of the couriers is to unbox, assemble the stand onto the screen (if required), and remove the packaging.  They aren't there to install the set or do anything with existing equipment.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Jon+Reeve This message was authored by: Jon+Reeve Answer

I would say it would be a big help to them if you did that.

They only put the TV on its stand and put it where you want it so it would be ideal to have the space ready.

This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

@gemini59

You'll have to clear the area where the Sky Glass TV is going. They will unpack it and put the stand on, but they're only couriers.

You'll have to arrange the return of your Sky Q boxes. You should get an email from Sky with details once your Sky Q ends. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@gemini59 wrote:

hi i have sky glass being delivered next weekend, what happens prior? Do we need to remove existing TV and sky box or do they do it for you? many thanks

You will need to remove your old TV & Sky box as per @TimmyBGood  the TV is delivered and unboxed/mounted on stand, you need to take care of the rest.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by SDR This message was authored by: SDR

@gemini59 wrote:

You need to move your existing TV out of the way if you want them to place it on tbe stand. Everything else can stay till you decide to remove it to return Q equipment to Sky.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Glass - No Puck
This message was authored by Mctavish01 This message was authored by: Mctavish01

Got my Glass last Thursday, couriers brought the box in, placed in the room I wanted and left. I said aren't you supposed to unpack and take the box away? They said no. We only deliver.

I guess it will go out with the recycling on bin day...

so much for being "sustainable"

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@Mctavish01I would ask them to come back and take the packing away.

They are supposed to unpack it and fix the stand on to the TV unless you tell them you want to wall mount it.

This message was authored by bemak187 This message was authored by: bemak187

Panther by any chance?  Indeed I would compalin and get them to come back and take it away.  Put them to a bit of inconvenience, might make them think twice next time.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Mctavish01 wrote:

Got my Glass last Thursday, couriers brought the box in, placed in the room I wanted and left. I said aren't you supposed to unpack and take the box away? They said no. We only deliver.

I guess it will go out with the recycling on bin day...

so much for being "sustainable"

Contact Panther and report it from the contact options on this page.
Contact Us - Panther Logistics (panthergroup.co.uk)
There is also a live chat option.
They should arrange to come back and collect the packaging.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Mctavish01 This message was authored by: Mctavish01

I'll get in touch with panther and see what they say... 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion