Discussion topic: Sky Door Chime - not syncing

This message was authored by paultf1 This message was authored by: paultf1

Re: Sky Door Chime - not syncing

Hi. 

Did you get the app from Google Play if so, try uninstalling it and then scan the QR code on the inside of the box. then start from scratch see if that works for you, It worked for me.

Paul.

This message was authored by Malcthedrummer This message was authored by: Malcthedrummer

Hi Paul, and thanks for trying to help me, everyboday have been so kind trying to get this 'sorted' but I have this morning taken the equipment down and got rid. Old bell is now back up and working fine, really wish I had not gone down this route to be honest, must have wasted Hours and Hours of my life trying this and trying that all to NO AVAIL !

I thank you ALL for trying

Malcolm

This message was authored by Malcthedrummer This message was authored by: Malcthedrummer

I have now purchased an ieGeek doorbell/chime, downloaded and synced FIRST TIME, battery lasted 25 days on first charge and works PERFECTLY, Wish I had done this weeks ago to be honest, why could Sky not sorted a better system?? Try one if you having probs with the Sky one.

This message was authored by paultf1 This message was authored by: paultf1

Hi thank you for your reply. Yes ,I tried both. Have got them to sink,but cannot get live video. I have downloaded the latest app.

Paul.

This message was authored by JR10 This message was authored by: JR10

Absolutely useless, keeps losing connection and yet it is next to router and front door with no issues with the internet.  Cannot seem to get hold of anyone at Sky (a real person) to assist.  What kind of service is this?  Keeps telling me to re-boot which took over an hour yesterday, fianlly got connected for it to lose connection today.  If anyone rings the doorbell I can't hear it as it does not ring indoors.

Be brave, take it off the door and bash it with a big hammer and throw it in the bin. Purchase the ieGeek wire free door bell like I did, connected FIRST TIME and still got 87% of power after 10 days of PERFECT use. Good Luck

This message was authored by Vin6 This message was authored by: Vin6

The chat bot is useless. The on-screen keyboard on my galaxy hide the message you are typing. The sequence of sugestions just goes round and round.

My doorbell and chime paired ok initially. I have removed and replaced power to both. The chime shows solid blue now, I hink it is connected ok to router software. Doorbell will not pair. If I press sync on chime, followed by button on doorbell I get sound message pairing now, followed qa minuite or so later with fail. The chime ,after sync, showed flash yellow, flash blue, and eventually solid blue. Doorbell battery is well charged. I would like to get back to the install screen on my android. Help says go to home page(where is this) and press '+'(where is this). I have tried switching off doorbell for 10 minutes, reseting chime with 'pin'. System has worked briefely befor. I think Chime is OK. I think android phone has to be on a particular screen during installation, and I canot find how to go back to 'bare metal' install screen.I have reinstalled the app.    11 hours spoent today. I've been trying 3 days now.

A Street.

This message was authored by Jameslono This message was authored by: Jameslono

I gave the sky doorbell and chime a go for a few months now, but I've decided it's not for me. I've put my ring back up and put myself back on subscription. It does the job so much better, but at least I can see who's at my door in real time and not a few minutes later. 

This message was authored by Vin6 This message was authored by: Vin6

Fixed my WILL NOT PAIR problem. I have tried everything on this discussion group. It all ends the same way. The chime goes to flashing yellow and blue at about 2 flashes per second. The doorbell says 'ready to chime' and starts flashing yellow and blue at roughly twice per second, but it never achieves opairing,. The chime goes to steady ble and the doorbell goes to a slow yellow.

My answer was that I had another wireless device too close to the chime. The RF from this other device is intermittent in nature, and after pairing, the sky link between the doorbell and the chime can tolerate this. It waits for a gap and then does what is needed.

The problem is that whilst pairing, the process must not be interrupted. That is why it shows the chime and doorbell being held close to each other and NOT NEAR ANY OTHER WIRELESS DEVICE like microwave, refrigerator, another wireless doorbell or sounder, computer,TV,etc.  Make sure that any such device is several feet away whilst the 'pair' is progressing. Once oaired the system is very tolerant.

Good Luck.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion