Discussion topic: Increase my credit limit

This message was authored by Lisa140711 This message was authored by: Lisa140711

Increase my credit limit

I haven't brought movies very often recently...And I tonight i wanted to have a film to watch which choice was narrowed down to the New fast 9,I went to rent this at £15.99 and I am greeted with a message saying I need to increase my credit limit which I didn't know I had a limit with my bills being also £200 a month???

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Increase my credit limit

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Every viewing card has a limit on it to prevent overspending so to get yours reset you will need to select one of the options here to get in touch with the Sky Store support team:

https://www.skystore.com/help/contact-us

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Every viewing card has a limit on it to prevent overspending so to get yours reset you will need to select one of the options here to get in touch with the Sky Store support team:

https://www.skystore.com/help/contact-us

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Simon+P666 This message was authored by: Simon+P666

Why isn't this explained when you switch to Sky Q instead of setting it to zero? Also, why can't I increase it on my Sky, at 9.15pm the call centre is shut and I can't watch the movie I had planned. It's a badly thought through idea that is not explained at all, I've never been blocked from buying or renting on Sky before Sky Q.

This message was authored by Riscosman This message was authored by: Riscosman

I wanted to watch a film today on Sunday. Knobbled by this 'credit limit' thing.  Check mated as no help in these hours! Puzzled, frustrated and confused as I never knew I had one!

This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

Hi @Riscosman 

It's generally easy to  fix but as you have discovered- not after 7.30pm 

You won't be able to livechat on a Sunday unfortunately but that will be open at 11am tomorrow. 

You csn try other contact methods but again - Sundays are not the easiest. 

https://www.skystore.com/n/hcus/help/contact-us 

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Have a look at Sky Store – A quick guide for users

Have a look at Maximising the sound quality of your Sky Soundbox

This message was authored by Riscosman This message was authored by: Riscosman

I tried in a Sunday to solve this. The virtual assistant was useless. Easiest route was on Monday as follows: Click Home and scroll to Help on TV. Your Account- Billing- Make a Complaint- record phone number and dial on mobile answering security questions. It's THEIR error as credit limit should be set at £100! It has to be reset and this can take time!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion