Discussion topic: Sky Stream - Bluetooth won’t turn on my pucks (voice control works via Bluetooth)

This message was authored by Mr+P+of+Croydon This message was authored by: Mr+P+of+Croydon

Sky Stream - Bluetooth won’t turn on my pucks (voice control works via Bluetooth)

I'm still having problems.  We have new TV's and new pucks delivered about a week ago.  They will only start with IR, and then the bluetooth is fine.  We have one TV, unfortunately the best one, which has the TV and sound bar mounted to a chimney breast and the puck plus all the wiring subtly concealed just inside the chimney.  One of the attractions of Stream was the bluetooth remote connectivity.  It is so naff right now  as I have to aim the remote up the chimney and wave it around a bit to turn the puck on.  After that bluetooth works fine.  I have tried to follow the instructions in this thread twice now, the remote firmware verion is 5103.4.2 but it will still only start with IR.

Moderator note: Changed title to reflect topic more.

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: Sky Stream - Bluetooth won’t turn on my pucks (voice control works via Bluetooth)

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Can I start by apologising profusely for the delay in being able to resolve this problem.

Whilst the problem is still under investigation and I can't say whether this will help, there has recently been a firmware update for everyone's stream to QS027.508.00P.  If you've tried this after 26/4/24, and it hasn't worked, there's no need to try this.

• Press 4 and 6 together for 5 seconds to unpair/reset the Bluetooth on your control.
  • Press 1 and 3  together for 5 seconds and follow the on-screen prompts.
  • Test the service.

I will be marking this post as answered, so that the most up-to-date information is provided for everyone, and you don't need to read the entire thread. As soon as I have more information/resolution, I will let everyone know.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Keef1969 This message was authored by: Keef1969

Re: Sky Stream - Remote won’t turn on any of my pucks!

After the upgrade mine power on with IR but Bluetooth works fine after that - I'm ok with this TBH, I don't need to hide them away.

This message was authored by Keef1969 This message was authored by: Keef1969

I'd be interested to know why mine won't wake the pucks up with bluetooth but now will with IR (and then Bluetooth does work) - they couldn't do either before.  As I've said it's not a deal breaker for me but if others have followed the same process and the pucks WILL now wake up with BT I wonder why mine won't.

This message was authored by CBre1 This message was authored by: CBre1

Mine now says it's on firmware 5103.4.2 I've reset & repaired the remote many times restarted the puck as instructed but still no luck. It will only power on via IR 🙄🤔

This message was authored by B19BOL This message was authored by: B19BOL

did you try press 4 & 6 for 3 seconds before then pressing 1 & 3 to connect the remote?

I have, tried 7 & 9 then 1 & 3, 4 & 6 then 1 & 3 but it's still not having it. Will have another try then give up until tomorrow 😂

This message was authored by Ian131 This message was authored by: Ian131

I am also still haing problems.  On the IP06 it connects but not to volume and then loses within a minute of use - keep trying to repeat but no success.  Also had problems with the older IP04 where the remote control stopped working completely - tried all the combinations to try and reset but to no avail - sky are sending me out a replacement remote for that one which will hopefully work.  Will continue to try again tomorrow to fix the IP06 as per the instructions

This message was authored by MadeInYorkshire This message was authored by: MadeInYorkshire

Re: Sky Stream - Bluetooth won’t turn on my pucks (voice control works via Bluetooth)

Mine is the same. Tried all the different resets, but will only turn on via IR. After that Bluetooth is fine. 

This message was authored by MadeInYorkshire This message was authored by: MadeInYorkshire

There is also another thread on this here (no resolution):

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Stream/Power-on-Stream-with-puck-out-of-sight/td-p/4338811

This message was authored by Spud132 This message was authored by: Spud132

Even after doing the remote firmware update as per the previous thread I still can't switch on the puck with Bluetooth, only IR.

Once the pick is on then Bluetooth works fine for voice searching etc.

@Spud132 wrote:

Even after doing the remote firmware update as per the previous thread I still can't switch on the puck with Bluetooth, only IR.

Once the pick is on then Bluetooth works fine for voice searching etc.

I think that's the same for most of us in this thread 😞

This message was authored by Ian131 This message was authored by: Ian131

same for me - after switch on via IR bluetooth seems to work ok but loses it after a few minutes in standby

I've followed all instructions. Repeated many times and under no circumstance will the puck wake from standby via Bluetooth, only IR. Once powered up Bluetooth works as expected. It's an IP07 serial puck with remote firmware 5103.4.2

An IP06 serial number not 07 🤦🏽‍♂️

Mr+P+of+Croydon
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mr+P+of+Croydon This message was authored by: Mr+P+of+Croydon

I have followed the instructions really carefully for the last 3 nights.  I feel certain now that there is a problem.  The puck will only awake from standby with an IR signal, after that BT works as it should.  This is a pain as we have a concealed puck in our "show" TV room, which was one of the main reasons for changing to Stream, and I now can't turn it on without getting on my hands and knees and waving the remote up inside the old fireplace.  The puck build version is QS024.012.00P, hardware model IP061-ef, remote control firmware 5103.4.2.  I hope someone from Sky will now acknowledge there is a problem that still needs to be addressed.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion