Discussion topic: Sky glass frozen in standby mode

This message was authored by Cp_147 This message was authored by: Cp_147

Sky glass frozen in standby mode

Sky glass is frozen after turning on from mains. It has sky in white letters on screen and appears to be turning on but after 2mims the red light just flashes and the sky live camera is flashing, the screen is blank.

I've tried the repairing the remote using buttons 1/3, 4/6, 7/9 as advised in other posts....it seemed to work initially but when turning off and on at the mains, it just went back to the problem.

The remote batteries have been changed already. This is frustrating as we do not wish to leave the TV on in standby (when finally getting it to work) to avoid the TV being frozen as this isn't practical. Many thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky glass frozen in standby mode

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cp_147  Unplug the TV for at least 10 minutes then plug back in.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Cp_147
Topic Author

Thanks but I've tried this many times already (always the 1st thing to do is switch off wait and back on)

Cp_147
Topic Author

Just to add....

The TV does eventually work after turning on and off multiple times, then we have to leave it in standby to avoid another issue for the day. It isn't appropriate for the TV to be left in this mode when we're away etc which is when the issue restarts

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Cp_147 in the settings have you got Networked Standby Mode set to ON and Overnight Powersaving Mode set to OFF?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Cp_147
Topic Author

Thanks Mark

Both networked standby mode and overnight power saving are ON

How do these settings cause my issue? They should be on, right?

I will now contact Sky as nothing seems to be working and the TV took ages to get back on again today trying the methods advised online.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Cp_147 wrote:

Thanks Mark

Both networked standby mode and overnight power saving are ON

How do these settings cause my issue? They should be on, right?

I will now contact Sky as nothing seems to be working and the TV took ages to get back on again today trying the methods advised online.

So network standby mode ensure the TV remains connected to your network when it's in standby.

Most people fine turning overnight power saving mode OFF which also helps prevent the device going completely idle. What happens is that Sky Glass and Stream can take a while for the network connectivity to wake up when it's in standby or idle for a long period so having the settings as mentioned above will stop that and means when you turn the device on it will immediately connect to the internet and thus load.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion